Dreamy Peach Tart
Do you think of your next meal when you are at the gym? I do.
We went to Whistler, Canada last summer – while my husband was at his ice hockey camp, I hit the gym. I’m on my spin bike, flipping through food magazine and think of my next meal….And then I saw this recipe….I was not sure if it was my sweat or my drooling that was dripping down on my shirt. I took out my phone and made a quick snap shot of the page. Ever since then, this became one of our favorite tarts when peaches are in season. Super easy to make!!!
(My mother-in-law who is my ‘proof reader’ ^*^ – ( I call her ‘Mumsynim’ ) just pointed out that I forgot to mention : as I was taking a picture of the recipe with my phone, someone reached in my purse and took my husband iphone….aghhhh fond memory….so yes this tart is very expensive tart. Do not give your phone to your wife! :))
1 1/2 cups graham cracker or vanilla wafer cookies
1/2 cup smoked almonds (or regular almonds and just add a pinch of smoked paprika)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream (You can substitute it for greek yogurt for healthier version)
2 firm, ripe medium peaches, peeled and cut into thin wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are moistened. Press the crumbs into 9-inch pie pan. (along with the side) Bake for 10 minutes. Crust will set.
4. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, egg and 2 tablespoons of the sugar and process until smooth. (I have made this recipe using greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and it came out as good as the original for less calories! )
5.Pour cream cheese mix into the crust and bake for 15 minutes. Let it cool then freeze it about 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the remaining of 2 Tablespoon sugar on the peaches and mix gently. Arrange the peaches over the custard.
7. OPTION : Gently heat up 1 Tablespoon apricot jam with splash of water. Let it cool down a little bit and brush it on top of the peach slices for glossy look!
Have a great workout!