Something about a hot skillet, it makes everything delicious and comforting. Today, I’m giving my body a break from a morning workout, going to just take a deep breath and slow it down for a change. I’m not going to grab matcha green tea for breakfast and run out the door like a mad woman. I’m going to make myself a ‘proper’ breakfast and take in this beautiful morning with my puppies….only if we had a few chickens roaming in the backyard supplying us with endless fresh eggs….Hmmm…ok, I would like to raise some backyard chickens….here we go, one more thing added to my WWL (Wife’s Wish List)…..Remember, Happy wife = Happy life!
1 organic cage free egg
1 1/2 cup spinach
1 small garlic (smashed and finely chopped)
1/4 onion (chopped)
1/2 lemon juice
Cayenne pepper, sea salt, black pepper for seasoning
A piece of your favorite bread for the ‘dipping’ pleasure
1. In a skillet, cook onion till soft
2. Add garlic
3. Add spinach and cover the skillet with a lid a few seconds till spinach get wilted. Squeeze half of lemon and season with salt & pepper.
4. Tap spinach mixture with a spoon so it has a nice little dent for the egg to sit on.
5. Carefully crack an egg onto spinach mixture and let it sit 2 mins
6. Place the skillet under broiler 3-4 mins till egg white sets but yolk still soft. (I find cooking skillet eggs in the oven bake setting makes eggs rubbery. So I prefer broil setting!)
7. Sprinkle with sea salt and cayenne pepper
8. Here comes the best part : toast your favorite bread and go ahead dip it into egg yolk. Ohhhhh yeeeessss.